Welcome to ClearSoft

ClearSoft Water Conditioning is a family-owned business based in Chaska, Minnesota, in the southwest suburbs of the Twins Cities. We work hard to maintain that neighborly small-town concern for our customers. Since we opened our doors in 1977, we strive to deliver something that is hard to find today – well designed, quality products backed with fast reliable, professional service.

Hard Water Measurements By City

The (numbers) are the grains per gallon (GPG) hardness of the municipal water supply. Any measurement over 7 is considered Hard, over 10.5 is Very Hard. Soft water measures < 1.

  • Belle Plaine (23)
  • Burnsville (20)
  • Carver (30 + 3)
  • Chanhassen (23 + 3)
  • Chaska (26 + 3)
  • Cologne (31 + 3)
  • Eden Prairie (5 – 9)
  • Edina (17)
  • Excelsior (24)
  • Green Isle (26)
  • Hamburg (31)
  • Jordan (28)
  • Lakeville (18)
  • Minnetonka (17-20)
  • Minnetrista (27)
  • Mound (21-24)
  • New Prague (23)
  • Norwood (24)
  • Prior Lake (24)
  • St. Bonifacius (25)
  • Savage (26)
  • Shakopee (19)
  • Shorewood (21)
  • Victoria (21)
  • Waconia (26)
  • Watertown (26)
  • Young America (26)

85% of us have hardwater

Only 15% of the US has naturally occurring soft water. The remaining 85% of us get to fight the daily battles of yellow clothing, spotty dishes, limescale buildup and inefficient appliances due to hard water.

It doesn’t have to be so hard

Just because you’re part of the 85% doesn’t mean you can’t create your own soft water. All you need is a water softener—to fix the issue. A water softener will also save you money in the long run.